- Contact Us
The following are the Terms and Conditions that must be met for an entry to be valid. Entrants accept these Terms and Conditions using the tick box provided on the entry form. The Terms and Conditions are included as entry criteria on the entry form. Failure to meet the Terms and Conditions could result in disqualification from the competition.
1. Entrants must be currently employed by, or contracted to, a building firm or a builder at the time of the regional competition being judged. Your employer does not have to be a Registered Master Builder. Entrants agree to advise the National Project Team of any change in employment during the competition.
Note: a change in employment will not remove entrants from the competition, however the new employer must agree the entrant can continue.
2. The competition is open to carpentry apprentices of all ages.
3. The competition is open to any carpentry apprentice, regardless of their training provider. Entrants must have completed at least two years of the National Certificate in Carpentry on-site and still be an apprentice at the time of entries close on 12th April 2024. Please note the start date for the apprenticeship is taken from the date of application.
4. Entries need to be fully completed and signed by the entrant and their employer – the entry will not be accepted if it isn’t complete.
5. Entrants can enter the competition a maximum of two times, provided they have not been a national finalist and that they adhere to the other terms and conditions.
6. Entrants need to confirm that all details provided in the entry form are correct and that they have read and understood the terms and conditions of entry.
7. All entries will be reviewed by the judging panels and following the regional practical, a maximum of 10 entries per region will be selected to progress to Stage 2 – Which consists of an in person interview and a site visit.
8. For any regions that are required to merge due to low numbers (less than 8 entrants) there will be just one set of place getters from the combined merge region – one first, second and third placegetter.
9. The judges must be satisfied that you meet the criteria established for the competition and have the right to disqualify any entries.
10. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. As part of entry, you agree to participate in judging and associated activities. If judged a regional winner, you agree to participate in the national competition in November 2024.
12. Any prizes must be collected within one year of being awarded them and the prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
13. Entrants agree to allowing their details to be supplied to the national sponsors.
14. Entrants agree to participate in any publicity relating to this award. This may include, but is not exclusive to interviews/photographs with media.
15. The Apprentice of the Year Management Committee of the Registered Master Builders Association reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or issue binding rulings on any matter not included in these Terms and Conditions. Such decisions shall be final.
Note: You do not need to be working for a Registered Master Builder to enter. The competition is open to any carpentry apprentice, regardless of their training provider.