- Contact Us
The following are the Terms and Conditions that must be met for an entry to be valid. Entrants accept these Terms and Conditions using the tick box provided on the entry form. The Terms and Conditions are included as entry criteria on the entry form.
Failure to meet them could result in disqualification from the competition.
1. Entrants must be 30 years old or younger on 31 December 2021 and therefore be born after 1 January 1991.
2. Entrants must be currently employed by, or contracted to, a building firm or a builder at the time of the regional competition being judged. (Your employer does not have to be a Registered Master Builder). Entrants agree to advise the National Project Team of any change in employment during the competition (note: a change in employment will not remove entrants from the competition, however the new employer must agree the entry can continue).
3. Entrants must have completed at least two years of your National Certificate in Carpentry on-site and still be an apprentice at the time of entries close on 29th April 2021.
4. Entries need to be fully completed and signed by you and your employer – your entry will not be accepted if it isn’t complete.
5. You can enter the competition a maximum of two times, provided you are not a national winner the prior year and adhere to the other terms.
6. You need to confirm that all details provided in the entry form are correct and that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of entry.
7. All entries will be reviewed by the judging panels and a maximum of 10 entries per region will be selected to progress to Stage 2 to undergo a face-to-face interview and a site visit.
8. For Regions with only 1-6 entries a winner and a second placegetter will be awarded. For Regions with 7-10 entries the judges will then select one winner, a second placegetter and a third placegetter with results being announced at the regional awards event.
9. The judges must be satisfied that you meet the criteria established for the competition.
10. The judges have the right to disqualify any entries.
11. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. You agree to participate in judging and associated activities. If judged a regional winner, you agree to participate in the national competition in Auckland on 3 - 4 November 2021.
13. If you win, you must collect your prizes within one year of the event and the prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
14. You agree to allow your details to be supplied to national sponsors.
15. You agree to participate in any publicity relating to this award. This may include, but is not exclusive to, interviews/photographs with media.
16. The Apprentice of the Year Management Committee of the Registered Master Builders Association reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or issue binding rulings on any matter not included in these Terms and Conditions. Such decisions shall be final.
Note that you do not need to be working for a Registered Master Builder to enter. The competition is open to any carpentry apprentice, regardless of their training provider i.e. you don't have to be a BCITO apprentice.