THE ENTRY FORM FOR THE APPRENTICE OF THE YEAR IS MADE UP OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- Personal information section - this is where you tell us who you are and where you're from and give us some contact info so we can get in touch
- Employer information section - this is just some information about who you're working for and contact information for them
- Apprenticeship information section - we also need a few details about your employer and your training provider
- So Apprentice - Why You? section - this is where you tell us in a few words (only 120 or so) why you think you've got what it takes to be the Registered Master Builders CARTERS Apprentice of the Year 2021
- Project Details section - this is where you submit details of a project you are currently working on or have completed while you were training (you can upload online or post to your local RMBA Regional Branch Manager in hard copy). There are two examples below.
- Employer Reference - This is your bosses' chance to help you shine! Ask your employer to write a reference for you, we have provided an example to help get your boss started (view a template for the Employer reference). You will be scored on this reference.
- Education and Training Advisors Reference - the same as for your employer, but this time from your Training Advisor. Work with your TA on this letter to help you stand out! (view the template for TA reference). You will be scored on this reference.
- Declaration section - just a tick in a box from you!
And that's it, you can kick back and relax until entries close on 29th April 2021.
You can view samples of the Entry Form and answers from winning apprentices below.
Consult our tips for apprentices to ready yourself in case you make the cut: After entries close we'll be in touch to arrange the next stage of the competition, which - is a 2 hour practical challenge.